Photography project with a visit to Peconic Land Trust’s Quail Hill Farm
See How You Feel is a photography project to help young people inquire into the nature of seeing, stretch their point of view, and discover the emotion of creative experience. 5th graders from Springs School in East Hampton NY learned from professional photographers how to use cameras and experiment visually. The program concluded with a field shoot at an organic community farm. Students used up to date digital cameras thanks to a grant from the Joy of Giving Something Foundation.
Thanks to :
- Scott Chaskey, Peconic Land Trust’ Quail Hill Farm Director, who introduced the community sponsored agriculture
- Ellen Watson and Rameshwar Das, photographers, who developed the project lessons for the students
- Walter Sanchez, photographer, who gave an exciting demonstration of aerial photography
- Springs School 5th Grade teachers, Meghan Lydon, Tracey Frazier, Lindsay Thayer and Lucy Yardley who helped to record and compile the creative works.
- Anna Mirabai Lytton Foundation Board Members Kate Rabinowitz, Rameshwar Das who guided the project